Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Kids!


I got a "suspicious persons" run last night near the end of my shift. When I got to my run, I observed 17 teenagers pushing a car down the street. By the way, none of the teens were over 17. I asked them what they were doing and they told me that the owner of the vehicle, one of the teens older brother, paid them twenty dollars to push the car back home. Now by my calculations, that's a little more than one dollar per person. When I asked them why it took so many to push this small car they told me that the steering wheel was locked so they had to physically lift the rear of the car to keep the vehicle on a straight path. From our conversation I found out that they had pushed the car for more then five blocks when I stopped them. As our conversation progressed I also learned that one of the teens had a pick-up truck with a tow bar and a rope. After I laughed at them for five minutes (literally) I informed them how to place the key in the ignition, unlock the steering wheel, and place the vehicle's transmission in neutral. Now instead of 17 kids they only needed 3, two to push and one to steer. Oh, did I mention, that they completely destroyed the vehicle's transmission and suspension trying to push the car while it was in park? The moral to this story is: You get what you pay for! The owner of this vehicle paid his brother twenty dollars to push his car a total of 8 city blocks because the vehicle died on him on his way home from work. By doing this, he saved himself $50 bucks by not hiring a professional wrecker service. Well big brother I hope your job gives overtime freely, because you're gonna need it! Until next time, later!

1 comment:

ReneƩ said...

LMAO!!!!!! This was too funny!!!!!